Conversational data offers a goldmine of customer insight. Yet, this frequently goes untapped, as businesses lack the technological pickaxes to gain access to precious data.
With that said, conversational analytics engines have existed for quite some time. However, these have often struggled when sifting through voice data.
Often, this is due to the speech recognition capabilities that allow the Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Natural Language Understanding (NLU) models within these analytics systems to work their magic.
For example, background noise may meddle with the accuracy rates of speech recognition tools. Meanwhile, many solutions struggle to understand particular accents and dialects.
Such inaccuracies have impacted speech recognition-dependent deployments in the enterprise space.
Thankfully, the technology has improved considerably in recent years, with providers like LumenVox leading the charge.
Its Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) service provides businesses with the power to gain the maximum benefit from their speech analytics, intelligent speech-enabled IVR, and agent-assist investments. Here’s how.
What Is LumenVox Automatic Speech Recognition?
LumenVox Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) harnesses machine learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to accurately transcribe voice conversations into words and transcripts.
While ML algorithms for speech recognition have existed for decades, the prevailing methods suffered limitations that became an obstacle to breaking the glass ceiling of accuracy.
Recent advancements in AI research have shown great promise in changing that picture. This explains LumenVox’s investment in state-of-the-art end-to-end convoluted deep neural networks.
These neural networks power LumenVox’s ASR engine, allowing users to add new languages and dialects, supporting global service operations, and breaking that accuracy ceiling.
As a result, businesses may easily extend and enhance their default language models without additional complexity. This supplements speech-enabled IVR, conversational analytics, virtual agent, and agent-assistance deployments of all shapes and sizes.
The video below further dissects the AI behind it, while highlighting how LumenVox supports speech recognition deployments within legacy, cloud, and hybrid contact center environments.
LumexVox ASR is available as an API to provide integrated speech and voice recognition capabilities to prominent CCaaS and CPaaS vendors, including the likes of Avaya, Cisco, Five9, and Twilio.
It helps these industry innovators take their service offerings to the next level with flexible pricing options across each use case.
Moreover, LumenVox ASR powers voice biometrics, call progress analysis, and answer machine detection use cases within the vendor’s integrated suite of speech and voice capabilities.
LumenVox ASR Review: Features and Functionality
The ASR solution from LumenVox is a flexible software component that embeds into existing contact center solutions without having to rip and replace expensive voice applications.
Many large-scale contact center vendors harness the solution to supplement their voice applications.
For instance, LumenVox powers the Five9 IVA, helping it become a more sophisticated and collaborative conversational AI solution.
Now, analysts – such as Opus Research – consider it a market-leading intelligent virtual agent.
Discussing the partnership, James Cox, SVP Marketing at LumenVox, states:
“Five9 has now extended its partnership with us to support open speech transcription, text-to-speech, and closed grammar speech recognition, in addition to answering machine detection.”
Many other vendors harness LumenVox ASR, including Twilio, which uses the API to augment its Voice and Flex offerings.
In doing so, these CCaaS providers can further their voice experiences offerings by leveraging the following features of the LumenVox ASR engine:
- Seamless implementation and management for any network architecture
- Intuitive technology and toolsets for rapid go-to-market development
- Exceptional industry-leading accuracy and reliability
- Flexibility to integrate with a range of tools
- Real-time efficiency with minimal latency
- Scalable services and answering machine detection
- Transcription, contact center, and conversational AI options
- Standard protocols for grammar and services
- Network and resource efficiency
- Improved compression ratios
The Benefits of LumenVox for ASR
Perhaps the most significant benefit of the LumenVox ASR engine is in its ability to recognize numerous dialects and accents of a language within one model.
With this, its customers do not need to leverage multiple individual language packs to engage with customers across various regions who speak the same language.
However, the solution also offers many more potential benefits. These include:
- Real-Time Transcripts: By providing agents with a real-time conversation transcript, the solution gives reps a source to refer to if they miss something the customer said. This ensures that the customer doesn’t have to repeat themselves.
- Flexible Deployment: With LumenVox, customers can choose between on-premise, cloud, and hybrid solutions, giving them the privacy and control their business requires.
- Flexible Pricing: Users can select the licensing model that works best for them, which easily scales as the company grows.
- Additional Solutions to Leverage: While most speech recognition technology vendors don’t offer combination choices ASR with Voice Biometrics or Advanced Voice Activity Detection (VAD), Answer Machine Detection (AMD) and Call Progress Analysis (CPA), LumenVox does. This integrated approach means faster deployment and faster Return on Investment (ROI), easier management, and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
Finally, LumenVox prides itself on its customer support and guidance, helping contact centers make the most of their voice ecosystem.
Who Needs LumenVox ASR?
The LumenVox Automatic Speech Recognition solution allows platform and service providers to enhance the value of the voice technologies they offer to enterprises. It also offers technically-savvy enterprises the chance to compose their own solutions from interchangeable building blocks – thereby avoiding vendor lock-in and reducing TCO.
As such, it provides an ideal option for businesses that wish to maximize their investment in voice solutions, such as speech analytics, intelligent speech-enabled IVRs, and agent-assist.
With an end-to-end deep neural network architecture and proven technology, LumenVox helps them eliminate the confusion and complexity associated with automatic speech recognition.
There is no need for professional services to upgrade and fine-tune applications, and companies can scale and evolve according to their specific needs on an affordable pricing structure.
To find out more about LumenVox, its technology, and its partners, visit: https://www.lumenvox.com/request-demo/